Getting your HVAC unit tuned up is important if you want to experience a comfortable summer. According to manufacturers, you should have both the heating and air conditioning portion of your system serviced at least once a year. At Tri Cities Best, we suggest scheduling separate tune-ups at two separate times a year. Air conditioning is serviced in the spring and the heater right before the fall.
Even if you don’t suspect any issues with your air conditioning unit, heating and cooling experts know that it is good to have it inspected, cleaned, and serviced once a year to ensure it is operating at its peak efficiency level.
While every HVAC system is different and unique, it is very important to have a qualified and experienced technician inspect and service your unit.
What Will They Look at?
When you hire a specialist, they will inspect everything. From tests, checks, and safety controls to anything that could lead to system malfunction.
In the Case of Air Conditioning Service, the Technician Will Check:
- Test the condenser
- The safety controls
- Test and charge refrigerant
- The HVAC system start-up
- Check and clean the evaporator coil
- Check drains or drip pan
- The HVAC system’s overall condition
- The temperature differentiation
You can contact us for AC Replacement in Northridge.
In the Case of the Heating Unit Servicing:
- Check the heat pump
- Check the defrost cycle
- Check the heating mode
- Check the operation of the backup heating source
- Check ignition, burner assemblies, and heat exchanger
- Testing clearances
- Testing vents
- Testing combustion air
- Testing gas pressure and piping
The HVAC Technician Will Also :
1. Check and clean the indoor coil and report it to you if anything is wrong with the system.
2. Replace the air filter in your HVAC system.
3. Check the thermostat to make sure it is calibrated properly.
4. The technician will check the out hoses and connections to ensure everything is working properly.
5. The HVAC tune-up will include an overall visual inspection of everything in the interior as well exterior of your home.
Why is an Annual HVAC Tune-Up Necessary?
Your HVAC unit can probably make it several years without being tuned up if you’re lucky. However, for proper maintenance and to increase the life expectancy of your unit, it is important to have it serviced at least once a year. It will check your energy utility bills, which might increase if your unit works under stress, which leads to more energy consumption to run and perform.
How to Maintain Your HVAC Unit?
While we always recommend professional help rather than going for quick DIY fixes, there are some easy tasks you can perform alone.
- Change the air filters regularly
- Check the thermostat batteries
- Regularly inspect for debris
- Clear and clean return vents
- Keep a log of the times you have maintained your system
Tri Cities Best is family-owned and operating since 2000 and is always available for your heating and cooling needs. We provide individualized HVAC options with guaranteed customer satisfaction. Contact us for AC installation in Northridge and call (888) 706-7766.